We just released the very best version of WP Recipe Maker up until today: version 8.1.0. Read on for the highlights and a full changelog or update right away!
Starter Templates for Collections
Starting out with a completely blank collection can be overwhelming for those not used to the collections feature. That’s why we’ve introduced “Starter Templates” that users can pick to start their new collection from:
These are regular Saved Collections that you create yourself on the WP Recipe Maker > Manage > Features > Saved Collections page and then set to use as a starter template:
Create as many starter templates as you want, however you want!
Want to add some information to your (saved) recipe collections? You now have the ability to set a description for them that will display while looking at the collection:
Users can also do this for their own collections, just to add some of their own notes:
Quick Add for Saved Collections
Similar to “Starter Templates” mentioned above, we now have the ability to define “Quick Add” saved collections on the WP Recipe Maker > Manage > Features > Saved Collections page:
Once you enable this option for one of your saved collections, your users will get a new “Add Pre-made Collection” option to quickly add a saved collection to their own collections:
This could be used to offer an easy way to add your latest meal plans, for example.
Push Saved Collections to all users
If your users come to you for your weekly meal plans, you can now make it very easy for them by automatically pushing a saved collection that you create to all of your users.
You can do so by checking the “Push to All” box on the WP Recipe Maker > Manage > Features > Saved Collections page and the next time a user (new or existing!) accesses their collections, this saved collection will be in there.
No need to go to a saved collection page first and then save it to their own collections.
We highlighted just a few of the new features/improvements/fixes above. Below you can find the other changes in version 8.1.0. Check out our documentation for a full history.
WP Recipe Maker Premium 8.1.0
- Feature: Create optional starter templates for recipe collections
- Feature: Push saved collection to all users
- Feature: Quick add a selection of saved collections in the collections feature
- Feature: Optional text for custom recipe in collections
- Feature: Set description for collections
- Feature: Toggle nutrition facts on collection print page
- Feature: Duplicate item option in collections
- Feature: Limit recipes in collections search by type
- Feature: Ability to reload recipe data in saved collections through manage page
- Feature: Set serving size through URL parameter
- Feature: Toggle nutrition label on print page
- Improvement: Click to set empty group or column name
- Improvement: Plugin hooks to alter email subject and body after recipe submission
- Improvement: Show select all both on top and bottom during shopping list generation
- Improvement: Setting to disable cm/inch toggle in advanced adjustable servings for baking
- Fix: Some features not working in block based themes
- Fix: Do not allow editing of saved collection in grid layout
- Fix: Header icons location in collections grid layout
- Fix: Print icon alignment in collection header
- Fix: Empty space in collection header icons when nutrition facts are disabled
- Fix: Not displaying fractions after adjusting servings
- Fix: Problem clicking on collection context menu on mobile
- Fix: Only show warning when leaving shopping list page if changes were made
- Fix: Collection bottom margin
- Fix: Collection with a lot of wide images overflowing in the recipe collections overview
WP Recipe Maker 8.1.0
- Feature: Ability to manually set post author
- Feature: Bulk edit post author on manage page
- Feature: Set author image when using “Same author for every recipe” setting
- Feature: Specify different print template to use in print button shortcode
- Feature: Toggle notes on print page
- Improvement: Setting to choose pin method for button
- Improvement: Edit recipe button in block editor sidebar for easy access
- Improvement: Placeholder for modified date
- Improvement: Allow placeholders in link, text and jump to comments blocks
- Improvement: Prevent recipes from getting cached in REST API
- Improvement: Recognize metadata for YouTube shorts embed links
- Fix: Make sure SEO metadata checker updates after receiving a rating
- Fix: Spacing of Grow.me button on mobile in Chic template
- Fix: Toggle buttons border issue for RTL languages
- Fix: Allow dash in taxonomy archive slug
- Fix: Rich text “HTML & Code” field for multi-line HTML
- Fix: Prevent PHP notice on print page
- Fix: Prevent deprecation notice in WordPress 5.9
Updating should be possible through the Plugins page in your own WordPress backend. If there are any issues, check out our documentation on updating WP Recipe Maker.