We just released the very best version of WP Recipe Maker up until today: version 8.2.0. Read on for the highlights and a full changelog or update right away!
Import recipes from Paprika
Good news for those of you using the Paprika Recipe Manager. It is now possible to do an export of the recipes you have in that app, and import them into WP Recipe Maker Premium.
Unfortunately, Paprika does not store recipes as detailed as WPRM does, so you might have to correct a few details after importing, but it can definitely speed up the workflow for those of you using the app.
Learn more about the import from Paprika in our documentation.
Highlight Nutrition Facts in Collections
It is now possible to highlight specific nutrients per item in a recipe collection.
This option can be enabled on the WP Recipe Maker > Settings > Recipe Collections > Nutrition Facts page by first enabling the “Highlight nutrition facts per item” setting and then selecting the exact nutritients you want to highlight:
Once you do that, each item in a collection (that has this information) will show its value for that specific nutrient. With the settings above it could look like this, for example:
You can highlight as many nutrients as you want and have full control over how to set it up, so that it makes sense for your own site.
Order nutrients the way you want
Speaking about nutrients, you now have more control over how they are displayed on your website with the ability to define a specific order for them.
You can do so by editing nutrients through the WP Recipe Maker > Manage > Your Custom Fields > Custom Nutrients page.
This will affect the order of nutrients when displaying the nutrition label as regular text, for example:
Conditions for the Template Editor
With a new conditions shortcode, the Template Editor gets even more powerful. You now have the ability to show or hide specific parts of the recipe template, based on certain conditions:
Field conditions could be used to display a nutrition disclaimer, but only if a recipe actually has nutrition facts.
Device conditions could be used to only show certain features on desktop and display a cleaner recipe template on mobile.
User conditions can be used to only allow logged in users to use adjustable servings and entice regular visitors to sign up instead.
These are just examples, of course. The new conditions shortcode opens up a lot of new possibilities! Learn more about how to use conditions in our documentation.
We highlighted just a few of the new features/improvements/fixes above. Below you can find the other changes in version 8.2.0. Check out our documentation for a full history.
WP Recipe Maker Premium 8.2.0
- Feature: Import recipes from the Paprika app
- Feature: Highlight nutrition facts in recipe collection items
- Feature: Set custom order for nutrients when displaying nutrition as text list
- Feature: Change order of nutrition facts in recipe collections
- Improvement: Plugin hooks to alter the shopping list generation output
- Fix: Associated ingredients separator after adjusting servings
- Fix: Use actual name of inbox in add to collection dropdown instead of the default
- Fix: Recipe collections header icon spacing in some cases
- Fix: Links in private notes feature when not logged in
- Fix: StoreCustomizer compatibility problem that was breaking post updates
- Fix: Add to collections tooltip in grid when entire item is linked
WP Recipe Maker 8.2.0
- Feature: Condition shortcode for Template Editor
- Feature: Search list of recipes to import when importing from MV Create or Tasty Recipes
- Improvement: Support video metadata when using youtube-nocookie.com in embed code
- Improvement: Setting to split instructions on punctuation when importing from text
- Fix: Prevent rating caching issues
- Fix: Yoast Video SEO compatibility
- Fix: Flatsome theme UX Builder breaking
- Fix: Don’t change ID when importing from JSON in the edit modal
- Fix: Same author for every recipe image setting
- Fix: Don’t use wprm- prefix in the slug when saving as a public post type
- Fix: Action filter on the Analytics manage page
- Fix: Check for keywords in SEO checker
- Fix: Searching and displaying special characters in ingredient suggestions
- Fix: SEO Checker not updating after the first rating
- Fix: Prevent Elementor deprecated notice
- Fix: Russian translation errors in PHP 8.0
- Fix: Broken HTML in Pin button
Updating should be possible through the Plugins page in your own WordPress backend. If there are any issues, check out our documentation on updating WP Recipe Maker.
My name is Brecht and I’ve been working several years on making WP Recipe Maker the very best recipe plugin it can be. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Ready to make your food blogging dreams come true?