We just released the very best version of WP Recipe Maker up until today: version 8.5.0. Read on for the highlights and a full changelog or update right away!
Monetize your content with Instacart Tastemakers
Instacart has just launched Instacart Tastemakers, a new program that allows you to earn commissions on purchases made from your recipe content. The program is now now pre-integrated with WP Recipe Maker under the Instacart Shoppable Recipes settings.
- To join Instacart Tastemakers and generate an Instacart Tastemakers ID, sign up at Instacart.com/Tastemakers.
- Enable both the Agree to Instacart Button terms and Automatically add Instacart Button by selecting the toggle button.
- Enter your Instacart Tastemakers ID into the textbox below to start earning!
Images for your Recipe Ingredients
Make it easy for your visitors to identify the ingredients you’re using by adding ingredient images:
We also added a new “Grouped” style for the ingredients, to achieve the look you see above. You can switch to it by editing the Recipe Ingredients block in the Template Editor.
Take note that this feature is only available in the Premium Bundle.
Recipe URL block for the Template Editor
We’ve added a new “Recipe URL” block that can be added in the Template Editor to display the full URL or just the domain of a recipe.
A great place to use this, is inside of a Recipe Roundup Template, where you might want to reference the domain of the recipe that you’re linking to.
The block can be added and set up in our Template Editor.
In the example above we’ve added the new block underneath the “Check out this recipe” button to display the domain that the recipe is on.
Improved metadata when using Mediavine videos
We’ve been working with Mediavine to make sure the metadata that gets output when using their videos is optimized for Google.
There is now a new “Force Mediavine video metadata” setting on the WP Recipe Maker > Settings > Recipe Metadata page that makes sure the video metadata gets output both in the recipe and by Mediavine itself.
They have found that this leads to the best SEO results, which is why they requested the setting to be enabled by default. It can be disabled on that settings page to revert to the situation from before this update.
We highlighted just a few of the new features/improvements/fixes above. Below you can find the other changes in version 8.5.0. Check out our documentation for a full history.
WP Recipe Maker Premium 8.5.0
- Feature: Ingredient Images
- Improvement: Use / between units when showing both systems at once
- Fix: Temperature conversion when unit systems are switched
- Fix: Prevent obscure nutrition calculation error when some nutrients are disabled
WP Recipe Maker 8.5.0
- Feature: Tastemakers program for the Instacart Shoppable Recipe button
- Feature: Grouped ingredients style
- Feature: Recipe URL block for the template editor
- Improvement: Ability to set custom class for recipe shortcodes
- Improvement: Setting to force Mediavine video metadata output
- Improvement: Import method and diet from Tasty Recipes
- Improvement: Same style options for equipment notes as for ingredient notes
- Improvement: Better support for oEmbed video metadata
- Fix: Prevent import issue with negative time values
- Fix: Prevent PHP warning when video embed code is empty
- Fix: Support for m4v recipe videos
- Fix: Problem deleting templates with a + sign in the slug
Updating should be possible through the Plugins page in your own WordPress backend. If there are any issues, check out our documentation on updating WP Recipe Maker.
My name is Brecht and I’ve been working several years on making WP Recipe Maker the very best recipe plugin it can be. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Ready to make your food blogging dreams come true?