We just released the very best version of WP Recipe Maker up until today: version 8.10.0. Read on for the highlights and a full changelog or update right away!
Google Analytics 4 Event Tracking
We already had our Recipe Analytics feature with local tracking of interactions (printing a recipe, adjusting servings, …). With version 8.10.0 it’s now possible to send those interactions to Google Analytics 4 as events and use them in reports there:
It will track ratings, affiliate link clicks, the adjusting of servings and unit systems and other interactions.
Take note that you need to make sure gtag.js is loaded on your site. You can learn more in our documentation on Google Analytics 4 Event Tracking for recipes.
Frontend Editing through Admin Bar
Notice an issue with one of your recipes while browsing around the site? You now have easy shortcuts and frontend editing available using the “WP Recipe Maker” menu item in the admin bar.
It will list all recipes on the current page and clicking on one will immediately open the recipe modal for editing. No need for leaving the actual site or going into the backend.
For even faster editing, just click on the “WP Recipe Maker” menu item title (in blue in the screenshot above) to immediately edit the first recipe on the page.
If you prefer not having this option, the feature can be disabled with the “Show Admin Bar Menu Item” setting on the WP Recipe Maker > Settings > Permissions page.
Dynamically Refreshed Ratings
Almost every website uses some form of caching to improve page load speeds. That does sometimes mean that a visitor isn’t seeing the very latest version of the page.
We’ve especially seen this happen with our User Ratings feature. When a visitor voted for a recipe and then refreshed page, they would sometimes be seeing the old rating, as if their voting failed. That rating did go through, but due to caching they weren’t seeing it yet.
The “Dynamic Refresh on Page Load” option can be toggled on the WP Recipe Maker > Settings > Star Ratings page.
Take note that this feature is only available in WP Recipe Maker Premium and up.
We highlighted just a few of the new features/improvements/fixes above. Below you can find the other changes in version 8.10.0. Check out our documentation for a full history.
WP Recipe Maker Premium 8.10.0
- Feature: Dynamically refresh ratings to prevent seeing cached numbers
- Feature: Show both temperatures (C and F) at once
- Improvement: Show both unit systems for inline ingredients
- Improvement: Allow Prevent Sleep Toggle on the print page
- Improvement: Change daily value seperate for nutrition label block
- Fix: Calculated nutrients in recipe collection column totals
- Fix: Glossary terms inside of inline ingredients
- Fix: Using , in custom nutrition causing problems during calculation
WP Recipe Maker 8.10.0
- Feature: Google Analytics 4 Event Tracking
- Feature: Shortcuts and frontend editing through admin bar
- Improvement: Better compatibility with WPML for automatic translation
- Improvement: Better compatibility with Themify Builder
- Improvement: ol tag option for instructions block
- Improvement: Slightly increased opacity of faded style for accessibility
- Improvement: Allow overriding the print.php file
- Fix: Problem with unit conversion on print pages
- Fix: Editing rich text fields on Android
- Fix: SuitableForDiet name on manage page and metadata
- Fix: Cancel button when changing glossary term tooltip
- Fix: Filtering by date on Analytics manage page
- Fix: Jetpack Photon deprecation
- Fix: Prevent recipe from become its own parent post
- Fix: Prevent infinite loop in some rare cases
Updating should be possible through the Plugins page in your own WordPress backend. If there are any issues, check out our documentation on updating WP Recipe Maker.