Are you a food blogger looking for new ideas to inspire your blog in 2023?
Whether you’re just starting out or have been blogging for years, it can be challenging to come up with fresh and exciting content for your readers. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of 20 inspiring blog post ideas for food bloggers.
From showcasing seasonal recipes to sharing behind-the-scenes glimpses of your kitchen, these ideas are sure to get your creative juices flowing and bring new life to your food blog.
Plus, we’ll share some tips on how to use WP Recipe Maker, the best plugin for showcasing recipes on your WordPress website. So let’s get started and explore the endless possibilities of food blogging!
Why Should You Post on Your Food Blog Regularly?
As a food blogger, it’s important to regularly update your blog with new content. Not only does this allow you to share your love for cooking and food with the world, but it also has a number of benefits for your brand and audience. By posting regularly, you can:
- Build your audience: The more content you post, the more opportunities you have to attract new readers to your blog. Plus, by consistently publishing new content, you’ll keep your existing readers coming back for more.
- Promote your brand: Regularly updating your blog is a great way to showcase your expertise and personality as a food blogger. By consistently sharing your thoughts and ideas about food, you can establish yourself as a go-to source for culinary inspiration.
- Earn money: If you monetize your blog through advertising and affiliate marketing, regularly posting new content can help you earn more money. The more content you have, the more opportunities you’ll have to showcase sponsored products or earn commissions from affiliates.
Regularly updating your food blog is a great way to share your passion for cooking and food with the world while building your brand and earning money. So don’t be afraid to get creative and post new content on a regular basis!
How to Come Up With New Post Ideas for Your Food Blog
When it comes to finding new ideas for posts on your food blog, there are a few different approaches you can take. One option is to look to other successful bloggers for inspiration – what topics are they covering and how are they presenting their content? You can also keep an eye on trends in the food industry and see if there are any new ingredients, techniques, or restaurants that you can write about.
However, even with all of these resources at your disposal, it can still be difficult to come up with ideas that are relevant to your audience and will help you achieve your blogging goals (like increasing traffic or sales). That’s where this post comes in!
We’re going to explore 20 different types of blog posts that are perfect for food bloggers, ranging from showcasing seasonal recipes to sharing behind-the-scenes glimpses of your kitchen. Whether you’re just starting out or have been blogging for years, these ideas are sure to get your creative juices flowing and bring new life to your food blog.
1. Trending Topics
As a food blogger, it’s important to keep your finger on the pulse of the latest trends in the culinary world. By covering trending topics, you can attract a larger audience to your blog and keep your readers engaged with fresh and relevant content. Here are a few ways you can stay on top of trending topics in the food industry:
Follow food-related hashtags on social media: Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook are great platforms for finding and sharing the latest news, recipes, and trends in the food world. By following relevant hashtags or accounts, you can stay up-to-date on what’s hot in the culinary world and find inspiration for your own blog posts.
Google Trends is a useful tool that allows you to see which topics are currently being searched for the most in relation to your niche. By using Google Trends, you can get a sense of what topics are most popular with readers and tailor your content accordingly.
Look to industry publications: Industry publications like food magazines, blogs, and websites are often at the forefront of food trends. By regularly reading these publications, you can stay informed about what’s new and popular in the food world and find inspiration for your own blog posts.
Some practical examples of how trending topics can provide inspiration for your food blog include:
- Writing about the latest food trends, like plant-based eating or air fryer recipes.
- Sharing your take on popular recipes or food trends that are currently making waves on social media.
- Creating roundups of recipes or products that are related to a trending topic, like healthy snacks or budget-friendly meals.
Staying on top of trending topics in the food industry is a great way to attract a larger audience to your blog and keep your readers engaged with fresh and relevant content. By following industry publications, using tools like Google Trends, and staying active on social media, you can find inspiration for your own blog posts and create content that resonates with your readers.
2. Technique-Focused Tutorials
Technique-focused tutorials are a fantastic way for food bloggers to share their culinary knowledge with their readers and help them improve their cooking skills. Whether you’re writing about making puff pastry from scratch or offering simple tips for mastering everyday recipes, these tutorials can provide valuable information and inspiration to your readers.
To create successful technique-focused tutorials, it’s important to consider the needs and abilities of your audience. For example, if you’re writing a tutorial on making puff pastry, you may want to include hack or shortcut options for readers who are short on time or less experienced in the kitchen. This way, your tutorial will be accessible to a wider range of readers and provide value to a larger audience.
In addition to considering the needs of your readers, you can also use a variety of media to make your tutorial more engaging. Step-by-step instructions, photographs, and videos are all effective ways to help your readers understand and follow along with your tutorial. By using a variety of media, you can create a tutorial that is more engaging and easier for your readers to follow.
Finally, don’t be afraid to share practical tips and tricks to help your readers improve their cooking skills. For example, you might share kitchen hacks or ingredient substitutions to help your readers save time or make their recipes more flavorful.
3. Updates and Announcements
Whether you’re announcing a new recipe, sharing updates about your blog, or promoting your latest online cooking course, it’s important to keep your readers in the loop. You might post the following types of updates:
- Share news about your blog: If your blog has been featured in a magazine or if you’ve been invited to speak at a food-related event, use your blog to share this news with your readers. This is a great way to build buzz around your blog and to get your readers excited about what you’re up to.
- Promote your online courses or products: If you have a new online cooking course or a new product that you want to promote, use your blog to share this information with your readers.
- Share behind-the-scenes glimpses: Consider sharing behind-the-scenes glimpses of your blog or your cooking process. This way you can give your readers an inside look at what goes into creating your recipes and can help them feel more connected to your blog.
4. Gifting Ideas
Posts about great gift ideas can be a great way for food bloggers to boost their income through affiliate marketing while still providing value to their readers. By sharing gift ideas with your readers and including affiliate links to the products you recommend, you can earn a commission when someone clicks through and makes a purchase.
However, it’s important to remember that it’s still important to promote products that you genuinely like and have personal experience with. If you promote products that you don’t believe in or don’t have personal experience with, your readers may see your posts as inauthentic and lose trust in your recommendations.
To create successful gifting ideas posts, consider the following tips:
- Choose a clear and concise topic: The topic of your gifting ideas post should be clear and concise, and it should be something that your readers will be interested in. For example, instead of creating a post on “Gift Ideas for Everyone,” consider creating a post on “Gift Ideas for the Foodie in Your Life.”
- Research your products: Before promoting a product in your gifting ideas post, make sure to research it thoroughly. This will help you ensure that you are promoting high-quality products that your readers will be interested in.
- Add value to your readers: Make sure that your gifting ideas post provides value to your readers. This could mean sharing tips, tricks, or other information that will be helpful to your readers as they shop for gifts.
- Disclose your affiliate links: It’s important to disclose to your readers when you are using affiliate links in your gifting ideas post. This will help you maintain transparency and build trust with your readers.
5. Ingredient Spotlights
Ingredient spotlights are a great way for food bloggers to provide value to their readers by educating them about popular and trending ingredients. By spotlighting specific ingredients, you can help your readers learn more about the benefits and uses of different ingredients and how to incorporate them into their cooking.
Some examples of ingredients that you might consider spotlighting include superfood ingredients like chia seeds, acai berries, and quinoa; trending ingredients like jackfruit or aquafaba; and seasonal ingredients that are available locally.
6. Eco-Friendly Cooking Tips
Eco-friendly cooking tips are a great type of blog post to consider if you want to appeal to environmentally conscious readers, particularly younger audiences like Gen Z. According to a study by Accenture, over two-thirds of Gen Z consumers are willing to pay more for environmentally friendly food and drink products.
Here are some original eco-friendly cooking tips that you might consider sharing with your readers:
- Plan your meals: Encourage your readers to plan their meals in advance to help reduce food waste. This could mean making a grocery list and sticking to it, or meal planning for the week.
- Use plant-based proteins: Plant-based proteins are often more environmentally friendly than animal proteins, as they require fewer resources to produce. Consider sharing recipes that use plant-based proteins like beans, lentils, and tofu.
Make sure to research your topic thoroughly before creating your eco-friendly cooking tips. This will help you provide accurate and useful information to your readers!
7. Local Cuisine
One great food blog idea is to focus on local cuisine. If you have a large following in a specific area, showcasing the unique dishes and restaurants of that region can be a great way to engage your readers. Not only will it provide them with new dining options to try, but it can also help to promote local businesses.
By featuring articles about the best restaurants in a specific city, it helps to drive traffic to those establishments and supports the local food industry. EAT MCR, for example, is a blog that’s focused on showcasing the best eateries around Manchester, UK. Plus, this approach can also be effective for SEO, as there is often less competition to rank for search terms like “best (insert city name) restaurants” compared to broader terms like “best restaurants.”
8. Showcasing Your Recipes
As a food blogger, showcasing your recipes is likely to be a major part of your blog content. That’s why it’s so important to display them in a visually appealing and organized way on your site. If you’re not satisfied with the way your recipes look right now, you may want to consider using a plugin like WP Recipe Maker.
WP Recipe Maker is the best plugin for managing and showcasing your recipes on your WordPress website. With customizable recipe templates, you can choose the perfect layout and design for your recipes. Plus, you can easily create recipe roundups, which are collections of recipes that are organized by theme or category. This is a great way to showcase your recipes in a visually appealing way and make them easy for readers to find and follow.
In addition to customizable templates and recipe roundups, WP Recipe Maker also offers a number of other useful features for food bloggers. For example, it automatically assigns nutrition labels to your recipes, making it easy for readers to see the nutritional value of your dishes.
WP Recipe Maker is a powerful and user-friendly plugin that makes it easy to showcase your recipes in a visually appealing and organized way on your food blog.
Incorporating videos into your content can be a powerful way to engage your audience and stand out in a crowded online landscape. According to a report from Cisco, video traffic was expected to make up 82% of all internet traffic by 2022, so creating recipe videos is a must for any successful food blogger.
There are a few different ways you can use videos to enhance your food blog:
- Share recipe videos: Recipe videos are a great way to showcase your recipes in a visually appealing and engaging way. By creating short, instructional videos that demonstrate how to make your recipes, you can make your recipes more accessible and appealing to your readers.
- Create food-related vlogs: Vlogs (video blogs) are a popular format for food bloggers, as they allow you to share more personal and behind-the-scenes glimpses of your life as a food blogger. You could create vlogs that document your travels, cooking experiments, or daily life in the kitchen.
- Share food-related video content from other sources: In addition to creating your own videos, you can also share food-related videos from other sources on your blog. This could include video recipes from other food bloggers, cooking demonstrations from celebrity chefs, or food-related documentaries.
Fortunately, WP Recipe Maker makes it easy to add videos to your blog. With this powerful plugin, you can easily embed videos from platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, or Facebook into your recipes. You can also create video thumbnails, which are small preview images that are displayed on your blog when you share a recipe video. These thumbnails make it easy for readers to see what your video is about and can help increase the chances that they’ll click on your video and watch it.
10. Special dietary requirements
In recent years, there has been an increasing demand for recipes that cater to special dietary requirements, such as vegetarian, vegan, diabetic, dairy-free, and gluten-free diets. This trend is likely due, in part, to the rise in restrictive food diets and the increasing awareness of food allergies and sensitivities.
For example, it’s estimated that approximately 1 in 100 people have coeliac disease, an abnormal immune response to gluten, and at least 10% of UK consumers follow a gluten-free diet. As a food blogger, it’s important to consider the needs of your readers and offer recipes that are suitable for a range of dietary requirements.
WP Recipe Maker can help you do this by allowing you to add recipe taxonomies, such as allergens, to your recipes. This way, your readers can easily find recipes that are appropriate for their diet and avoid ingredients that may cause allergic reactions.
11. Sponsored and Affiliate Content
As a food blogger, monetizing your blog is likely an important goal, especially if you want to do what you love full-time. One way to monetize your blog is through sponsored posts and affiliate links.
Sponsored posts are posts that are paid for by a company or brand, and they often promote a product or service. Affiliate links, on the other hand, are links to products or services that you earn a commission on when someone clicks through and makes a purchase.
While sponsored posts and affiliate links can be an effective way to monetize your blog, it’s important to balance these types of posts with non-sponsored content. This way, you can maintain the integrity of your blog and avoid alienating your readers.
WP Recipe Maker can help you monetize your blog by allowing you to easily add ingredient links and equipment links in your posts. This way, you can earn commissions on products or services that you recommend to your readers, while still providing valuable content.
Listicles are a popular type of blog post that is perfect for time-poor readers who want to get a lot of information in a concise format. A listicle is a blog post that presents information in the form of a list, usually in a numbered or bullet-pointed format.
Listicles are a great way for food bloggers to present large amounts of information in an easily digestible format. However, it’s important to make sure that your listicles are engaging and provide value to your readers. Here are a few tips for creating successful listicles:
- Choose a clear and concise topic: The topic of your listicle should be clear and concise, and it should be something that your readers will be interested in. For example, instead of creating a listicle on “10 Delicious Desserts,” consider creating a listicle on “10 Delicious and Healthy Desserts That Won’t Derail Your Diet.”
- Use subheadings and formatting to break up the content: To make your listicle more engaging, consider using subheadings and formatting to break up the content. This will make your listicle easier to read and more visually appealing.
- Include high-quality images: High-quality images can make your listicle more engaging and help your readers visualize the information you’re presenting.
- Add value to your readers: Make sure that your listicle provides value to your readers. This could mean sharing tips, tricks, or other information that will be helpful to your readers.
Here are a few creative uses for listicles:
- A list of the top 10 vegetarian comfort food recipes
- A list of the 15 best healthy breakfast recipes that can be made in under 10 minutes
- A list of the top 20 plant-based protein sources, along with tips on how to incorporate them into your diet
- A list of the 10 best food blogs to follow for inspiration and recipe ideas
When listing recipes, make sure to have a look at the Recipe Roundup feature in WP Recipe Maker. It will automatically add Item List Metadata to the page, which can have the post show up as a carousel in Google search results.
13. International Cuisine
Another great food blog idea is to focus on international cuisine. This option can appeal to a wider audience, as people are often curious about the flavors and traditions of different cultures. By featuring dishes from around the globe, you can introduce your readers to new ingredients, cooking techniques, and culinary traditions.
Some examples of international dishes you could write about include spicy Thai curries, savory Italian pasta dishes, and rich French pastries. The possibilities are endless!
This approach might be particularly well-suited for a food blogger who travels regularly, as you can use your experiences abroad to inspire new articles and recipes. Whether you’re exploring the vibrant street food markets of Vietnam or savoring the flavors of a traditional Italian trattoria, there are always new culinary adventures to be had.
There are many different things a food blogger can review, including cookbooks, recipes, restaurants, cooking equipment, and even cooking shows. By sharing your thoughts and experiences with your readers, you can help them make informed decisions about what to try or buy.
For example, you could write a review of a cookbook that you’ve been using and provide your thoughts on the recipes, photographs, and overall layout of the book. Alternatively, you could review a restaurant that you’ve visited, sharing your thoughts on the atmosphere, service, and, of course, the food.
Or, if you’re more interested in cooking equipment, you could review a new kitchen gadget that you’ve recently purchased. By sharing your thoughts on its performance, durability, and overall value, you can help your readers decide whether it’s worth investing in.
15. Healthy Fast Food
With busy schedules and limited time, many people are looking for ways to eat well without spending hours in the kitchen. By showcasing quick and easy recipes that are packed with nutrition, you can help your readers make healthier choices when time is short.
According to recent studies, over half of people in the UK spend less than 30 minutes cooking their weeknight meals. This means there is plenty of demand for healthy fast food options that can be whipped up in a flash.
Some ideas for healthy fast food posts might include:
- Quick and easy snack recipes that can be made in a matter of minutes
- Healthy takeout alternatives that can be made at home
- One-pot meals that are easy to prepare and clean up
- Make-ahead recipes that can be made in advance and reheated when needed
16. Spotlight Your Readers
Another great food blog idea is to spotlight your readers. By interacting with your followers and showcasing their work, you can increase engagement on your blog and social media platforms. There are many different ways to spotlight your readers, including:
- Sharing positive feedback about your recipes: If you receive a particularly glowing review or compliment from a reader, consider sharing it on your blog or social media channels. This can help to build trust and credibility with your followers and encourage others to try your recipes.
- Posting pictures of meals your readers have created using your recipes: Seeing real-life examples of how your recipes turn out can be incredibly inspiring for your readers. By featuring photos of meals that your followers have made using your recipes, you can show them what’s possible and encourage them to get creative in the kitchen.
- Highlighting your readers’ blogs or social media accounts: If you have followers who have their own food-related blogs or social media accounts, consider spotlighting their work on your own platforms. This can help to build a sense of community among your followers and encourage them to support each other.
17. Eat the Holidays
Another great food blog idea is to focus on cultural holidays that are synonymous with food. Whether it’s Christmas, Easter, Eid, or any other holiday, these occasions offer an opportunity to share holiday-specific recipes and inspiration with your readers.
There are many different ways you can approach holiday-focused content. For example, you could share festive drink recipes, table-setting ideas, or tips on where to source the best ingredients. You could also focus on traditional dishes that are associated with a particular holiday, such as Thanksgiving turkey or Easter ham.
18. Pairing Food with Drink
By helping your readers choose the perfect complementary beverage for their meals, you can enhance their culinary experience and provide valuable inspiration and guidance.
There are many different ways to approach this topic, depending on your interests and focus. For example, you could share tips on pairing port with cheese, fine wines with Italian food, or beer with pizza. You could also include recipes for making your own cocktails, gins, or other beverages, so your readers can try their hand at mixology.
By offering food and drink pairing suggestions to your readers, you can help them elevate their meals and discover new flavors and combinations. This can be a particularly fun and engaging topic for your readers, as it encourages them to think creatively and experiment with different pairings.
19. Personal Anecdotes
One key aspect of successful food blogging is being relatable to your readers. One way to achieve this is by sharing personal anecdotes in your posts. By sharing stories from your own experiences, you can help your readers feel more connected to you and your blog.
You could write about the first time you tried (and failed) to make your own pasta before mastering the technique. This not only provides a fun and entertaining story, but it also shows your readers that you’re not perfect and that it’s okay to make mistakes in the kitchen.
Alternatively, you could share a personal anecdote about your first cooking experience with a parent or loved one. This can be a great way to connect with your readers and share your culinary heritage or traditions.
20. Charity Work
There are many different ways you can incorporate charity work into your food blog. For example, you could start a fundraiser for a local food bank on your blog, encouraging your readers to make donations and help support those in need. Alternatively, you could volunteer at a soup kitchen or other charitable organization and create a post encouraging your readers to do the same.
By participating in charity work and fundraising efforts, you can not only give back to your community, but you can also create new content for your blog. By sharing your experiences and encouraging your readers to get involved, you can help raise awareness and support for important causes.
Top Tip: Regularly Posting is Key
Studies have shown that bloggers who post two to six times a week are 50% more likely to report strong results.
To stay organized and consistently post new content, it’s important to put time aside to create new content and to have a content plan in place. This can help you stay on track and ensure that you’re regularly sharing new and relevant material with your readers.
Scheduling posts ahead of time can also be a helpful strategy for staying organized and consistent. By planning out your content in advance, you can ensure that you have a steady flow of new material to share with your readers.
In addition to staying organized and posting regularly, it’s also important to pay attention to the level of engagement your post topics receive. By analyzing which topics get the most engagement, you can get a sense of what your readers are most interested in and tailor your content accordingly.
To ensure your food blog not only captivates your audience with delicious recipes but also thrives as a business, it’s essential to master content marketing strategies tailored to the food industry. For comprehensive insights and actionable tips, check out our guide on content marketing in the food industry.
Inspire Your Readers
By covering a range of topics on your food blog, you can keep your content fresh and engaging for your readers. From local cuisine and international dishes to reviews and healthy fast food, there are countless ways to inspire your readers and provide valuable content.
WP Recipe Maker can help you showcase your recipes and ideas on your blog. With features like recipe templates, ingredient lists, and nutrition facts, WP Recipe Maker makes it easy to create professional-looking recipes that will appeal to your readers.
In addition to helping you create beautiful and functional recipes, WP Recipe Maker can also support many of the food blog ideas we’ve discussed above. From spotlighting your readers’ meals to pairing food with drink, WP Recipe Maker can help you bring your ideas to life and inspire your readers in new ways.
So, if you want to inspire your readers and create a professional-looking food blog, consider using WP Recipe Maker. With its user-friendly features and customizable options, it’s the perfect tool to help you showcase your recipes and ideas in a way that will engage and delight your readers.