Bootstrapped Ventures Affiliate
To register as an affiliate you must have an active paid license for any of our products.
We review and moderate all affiliate registrations. If you’re approved you’ll be given a unique referral ID that you can use to promote plugins by Bootstrapped Ventures via referral links.
Affiliate commissions and payouts
You’ll earn a 20% affiliate commission when a customer purchases a new plugin license using your referral link. The 20% is based on the total cart amount that a customer spends when referred through your link, excluding VAT or tax.
We pay out affiliate commissions in USD, via PayPal quarterly. As we have a 30-day money back guarantee, we only pay commissions for sales up until the previous quarter, keeping 1 quarter as a buffer period. The minimum payout balance is $50.00.
We do not allow referrals to be generated on your own purchases (this includes using a different email address).
Affiliate application rejection
We reserve the right to reject affiliate applications for any reason. We also reserve the right to choose whether we provide an explanation or reasoning for affiliate application rejection.
Referral cookie lifetime
When a potential customer clicks on your referral link, a cookie is stored in their browser to track your referral. The cookie is then stored for 14 days to give your referred customers time to ask us any pre-sale questions they may have.
A referral can only be awarded if the cookie is present, so it has to be purchased from the same browser within those 14 days.
Referrals older than 30 days will be included with each commission payout. If a purchase is refunded, a commission won’t be paid out for that referral.
We reserve the right to reject affiliate commissions for any reason. Commission rejections may occur for the following reasons:
- The sale that the referral was based on was refunded
- The method by which the referral was generated was in violation of our promotional policies (see below) or violated the spirit of the Affiliate Agreement.
Bootstrapped Ventures Affiliate Program Policies
Allowed promotional methods
We encourage the use of promotional methods that add value to Bootstrapped Ventures and bring us legitimate, loyal customers.
Here are a few examples of promotional methods:
- Tell clients, customers or friends about our plugins, and give them your affiliate referral link
- Write a review or a blog post about one of our plugins and link to our site with your referral link
- Reach out to a broad audience with your social network accounts. Tweet about us on Twitter with your affiliate referral link, post about us on Facebook with your affiliate link, or communicate to your Linkedin followers with your affiliate link. Just keep it spam-free!
- Provide value to others by answering related questions on other sites with helpful responses, and using your referral link in your replies.
Prohibited promotional methods
- Bootstrapped Ventures may not be promoted on coupon sites. Customers who are searching for a coupon are already in the market, so this method adds no value to us.
- Any type of spam is prohibited. Links, ads, emails, comments, any type of spam. Please respect the posting rules of any 3rd-party websites you use to promote us. This is not an exhaustive list of spam methods; if we decide that your activity is spam, it’s spam.
- Any illegal activity or activity deemed offensive by us is prohibited. This may result in referrals being rejected and/or your affiliate account being deactivated.
- Don’t pretend to be professionally associated with Bootstrapped Ventures. Affiliates aren’t employees of Bootstrapped Ventures BVBA and have no employee rights.
- Pretending to actually be Bootstrapped Ventures or any of our plugins is prohibited. Please don’t do this. Cloning our site, copying our site, using our copyrighted site assets, and pretending that a site created by you is an official Bootstrapped Ventures site is prohibited.
Consequences of using prohibited promotional methods
If your promotional methods step outside of these terms, your referrals may be rejected and we may disable your affiliate account. We reserve the right to take this action and may or may not notify you in the instance that this occurs. We recommend using good promotional methods as described in this agreement to avoid any potential referral rejections and/or account deactivation.
By accepting these terms and conditions you are providing your nonlegal agreement to abide by them. By registering and being approved as an affiliate in our affiliate program you agree that your commissions are subject to approval before they are accepted and subsequently paid.
The affiliate relationship does not represent a professional or formal agreement, and as an affiliate you are not an employee of Bootstrapped Ventures BVBA. You agree that this is not a legally binding relationship and as a result may not take legal action against Bootstrapped Ventures BVBA. These affiliate terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.