For the Nutrition Facts Calculation and Unit Conversion features, WP Recipe Maker makes use of (and pays for) the Spoonacular Food API. Our access is handled through RapidAPI, which is a hub for discovering and connecting to different APIs.
Most of the time, this all works flawlessly, but unfortunately it does happen that something breaks down in one of those 3 places: WP Recipe Maker, RapidAPI or Spoonacular. Unfortunately only the plugin side is under our control, so sometimes the only thing we can do on our end is waiting. If something breaks down, we’ll use this page to give you a status update and let you know what we know.
Does this status not match your experience? Contact us!
- No known issues! Check Spoonacular API status here.
Want to get notified when incidents get resolved? Leave your email address here!
- 2023-10-25 to 2023-10-29 — Multiple days of degraded API experience due to problem on RapidAPI’s end.
- 2023-10-29 | 20:00 CET — Issues seem to have been resolved
- 2023-10-27 | 09:50 CET — Released WP Recipe Maker Premium 8.10.2
- Includes a link to this API Status page.
- Tries to anticipate the rate limit issue RapidAPI mentioned and retry API requests for longer. Should result in some calculations going through eventually, even with degraded experience.
- 2023-10-27 | 08:04 CET — RapidAPI confirmed that the issue is on their end:
- “We have an ongoing issue with the rate limit and we already escalated this matter to our development team. We are doing our best to resolve this issue at the earliest. Our customer support team is also working to ensure that this issue does not happen again.”
- 2023-10-26 | 23:12 CET — Spoonacular is not aware of any issues. No response from RapidAPI yet.
- 2023-10-25 | 18:30 CET — First notice of issue. All ingredients stay orange when calculating.
- 2023-10-27 — Created this API Status page to improve communication to our customers. Earlier incidents not recorded here.